Once the dowel was made and the holes were formed, I whittled down the neck base so it will fit better into the "V" shape socket on the sculpture. I marked the surplus wood black and cut it out with a gouge.
Next, I put glue in the holes and on the dowels, and pressed the parts together.
Lastly I shaped the neck to nicely integrate it with the shoulder area.
Next time I will show how I finished the piece using milk paint.
I will share with you my own work, tools, and techniques. I will show how my friends and students build beautiful objects. Sometimes I will talk about wood, forests, sustainability and much more. I am sure it will be interesting